Expecting important mail? Identify it as soon as it comes in by displaying it in a distinctive color. Start by select an existing message from the sender in question, if you have one. If you don't, that's okay; you can enter the sender's name manually in a minute. Now follow these steps:
- In Mail, choose Organize from the Tools menu.
- In the Ways To Organize Inbox pane, click Using Colors on the left side (Figure A).
- In the first condition statement (we won't use the second), choose From in the first drop-down list (Figure B).
- If you chose a message before starting, the sender's name will appear in the text box to the right. If it's the wrong name, enter the right name or the person's e-mail address.
- Choose a color from the second drop-down list (Figure C).
- Click Apply Color and close the pane.
Afterward, Outlook will display all messages, existing and new, from the person you specified in the color you selected.