Expecting important mail? Identify it as soon as it comes in by displaying it in a distinctive color. Start by select an existing message from the sender in question, if you have one. If you don't, that's okay; you can enter the sender's name manually in a minute. Now follow these steps:
- In Mail, choose Organize from the Tools menu.
- In the Ways To Organize Inbox pane, click Using Colors on the left side (Figure A).
- In the first condition statement (we won't use the second), choose From in the first drop-down list (Figure B).
- If you chose a message before starting, the sender's name will appear in the text box to the right. If it's the wrong name, enter the right name or the person's e-mail address.
- Choose a color from the second drop-down list (Figure C).
- Click Apply Color and close the pane.
Afterward, Outlook will display all messages, existing and new, from the person you specified in the color you selected.
Related Topics:Software Enterprise Software Developer Open Source Software Mobility Cloud
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.