- From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- Click Advanced.
- From the Item dropdown list, select Scrollbar.
- Increase the setting of the Size option—the following shot shows the setting doubled from the default setting of 20 to 40.
- Click OK twice. It will take a few seconds for Windows to update your system.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.