If you paste an Excel chart onto a slide, PowerPoint will paste both the chart and the entire Excel workbook, which is definitely a problem because:
- It’s a breach of security. Anyone viewing the presentation can simply double-click the chart to gain access to the entire workbook. If the file’s not protected, they could do a lot of damage by changing or deleting data.
- It will drastically increase the size of the presentation, which might slow things down or render distribution difficult or nearly impossible.
- In Excel, select the chart and press [Ctrl]+C to copy the chart to the Clipboard.
- In PowerPoint, select the slide where you want to paste the chart.
- Choose Paste Special from the Edit menu.
- In the resulting Paste Special dialog box, select Picture.
- Click OK.
Related Topics:Enterprise Software Developer Open Source Software Mobility Cloud
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.