- It’s a breach of security. Anyone viewing the presentation can simply double-click the chart to gain access to the entire workbook. If the file’s not protected, they could do a lot of damage by changing or deleting data.
- It will drastically increase the size of the presentation, which might slow things down or render distribution difficult or nearly impossible.
- In Excel, select the chart and press [Ctrl]+C to copy the chart to the Clipboard.
- In PowerPoint, select the slide where you want to paste the chart.
- Choose Paste Special from the Edit menu.
- In the resulting Paste Special dialog box, select Picture.
- Click OK.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.