When you copy an Excel chart into a presentation, PowerPoint pastes the entire workbook along with it -- which has a couple of disadvantages. Here's a trick that lets you paste just the chart onto a slide.
- It’s a breach of security. Anyone viewing the presentation can simply double-click the chart to gain access to the entire workbook. If the file’s not protected, they could do a lot of damage by changing or deleting data.
- It will drastically increase the size of the presentation, which might slow things down or render distribution difficult or nearly impossible.
- In Excel, select the chart and press [Ctrl]+C to copy the chart to the Clipboard.
- In PowerPoint, select the slide where you want to paste the chart.
- Choose Paste Special from the Edit menu.
- In the resulting Paste Special dialog box, select Picture.
- Click OK.