Custom presentations enable you to deliver a selection of slides from your main show -- handy if you're pressed for time or need to tweak the information for a particular audience. See how easy it is to build and run a custom presentation.
You have only 30 minutes to present your one-hour presentation. Luckily, you don't have to click through the slides you won't be able to cover -- just use PowerPoint's Custom Shows command to create a slide show that includes only the slides you can cover in the time limit. Follow these steps:
- Open the presentation you want to select slides from and go to Slide Show | Custom Shows. (In PowerPoint 2007, click the Slide Show tab, click Custom Shows in the Start Slide Show group, and then click Custom Shows.)
- In the Custom Shows dialog box, (Figure A), click the New button.
- Type a name in the Slide Show Name text box.
- Click a slide you want in the presentation from the Slides In Presentation list.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each slide in your presentation to build a list like the one shown in Figure B.
- Click OK and then click Show to view your custom show.
Users can rerun the custom show by going to Slide Shows | Custom shows, then selecting the custom show from the list and clicking the Show button. (To start the show in PowerPoint 2007, click the Slide Show tab, click Custom Slide Show in the Start Slide Show group, and then click on the show in the list.)
Get a steady supply of Office tips
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook tips, delivered each Wednesday.