The AutoContent Wizard is a great place to start when you're not sure what a presentation should cover. This wizard creates a new presentation using built-in templates, offering content ideas to help you organize the information you include on each slide.
What you might not know is that you can add an existing presentation to the AutoContent Wizard's library. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch the wizard by choosing New from the File menu.
- Click the From AutoContent Wizard link in the New Presentation task pane.
- Click Next in the wizard's first pane.
- Choose the most appropriate content template category from the list (Figure A) and click Add.
- Locate the presentation you want to use as a content template and click OK.
- Proceed through the rest of the wizard's prompts.
The presentation you added is now available to use as a template when you run the AutoContent Wizard.
Don't let a good generic presentation go to waste. You'll still have to customize it to suit your particular purpose, but that's true of any content template you choose.Notes: The AutoContent Wizard isn't available in PowerPoint 2007. Instead, use a themed template. Choose File from the Office menu and select New to get started.
Microsoft offers more free templates.
Related Topics:Enterprise Software Developer Open Source Software Mobility Cloud
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.