Dragging through text to select it can be imprecise and tedious. These mouse tricks offer a more efficient way to select text in your Word documents.
Selecting text is a common task in Word. You can use the mouse to highlight text by dragging the cursor over it, but that can be tedious and a bit cumbersome -- and fortunately, unnecessary. Here are a few easy selection techniques for mouse lovers:
- To select a word, double-click it.
- To select a single line of text, click in the left margin next to the line.
- To select a sentence, hold down [Ctrl] and then click anywhere in the sentence.
- To select a paragraph, click three times in the paragraph. Alternatively, click twice in the left margin next to the paragraph.
- To select the entire document, click three times in the left margin.