Rather than having your employees navigate through different folders to get to their Excel workbooks, allow them to place them all into their Favorites folder. Follow these steps to make it easier for them to access the workbooks.
Rather than have your employees navigate through different folders to get to their Excel workbooks, allow them to place them all in their Favorites folder. Follow these steps to make it easier for them to access their workbooks:
- Open a blank workbook.
- Press [Alt][F11].
- In the Project-VBAProject pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
- Go to Insert | Procedure.
- Click in the Name text box and enter Favorites. Click OK.
- At the prompt, enter ActiveWorkbook.AddToFavorites.
- Press [Alt]Q.
- Press [Alt][F8].
- Click on Favorites in the Macro list.
- Click the Options button.
- In the Ctrl+ box, enter w, then click OK.
Now, when your employees open a workbook for the first time, they can press [Ctrl]W to add it to their Favorites folder.Miss an Excel tip?
Check out the Microsoft Excel archive, and catch up on other Excel tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.