Add a watermark to a Word document to share the document's status or some other attribute.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click Watermark in the Page Background group.
- Choose a watermark from the gallery. Or...
- Choose Custom Watermark. The Printed Watermark dialog presents three options. You can remove a custom watermark or insert a picture or text as watermark.
- Click OK once you've made your selections.
If you're using Word 2003, add a watermark as follows:
- From the Format menu, choose Background.
- Click Printed Watermark.
To insert a picture as a watermark, click Picture Watermark. Then click Select Picture, navigate to find the picture file, and click Insert.To insert a text watermark, click Text Watermark and select or enter the text you want.
- Set any additional options.
- Click OK.