Draw attention to specific PowerPoint chart elements or table data by adding a bit of animation.
- Click Slide Show on the Standard toolbar and choose Custom Animation. In PowerPoint 2007, click the Animations tab and choose Custom Animation.
- Select the chart.
- To add a Wipe effect, when PowerPoint displays the chart, click Add Effect, choose Entrance, select Wipe, and click OK. (If you don’t see the Wipe animation, choose More Effects.)
- By default, PowerPoint will add the animation to the chart as a whole. To animate elements, right-click the appropriate animation item in the task pane and choose Effect Options.
- Click the Chart Animation tab.
- Choose the appropriate object from the Group Chart drop-down control to animate the chart as a single object, by series, by category, or by the elements in the series or category. Click OK.
- Right-click the chart or table and choose Grouping.
- Select Ungroup.
- When asked if you want to convert the chart or table, click Yes.