There are a few new Office articles in the Knowledgebase to report:
- Shortcuts for applications in the 2007 Office system are not generated in the designated location on a computer that is running Windows Vista: This one's for anyone using the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to create shortcuts on a Windows Vista system. Apparently, you can't.
- Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package: February 26, 2008: This article discusses a hotfix for a SharePoint problem.
- Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package: February 26, 2008: Another hotfix for a couple of ODBC constants that don't return the expected values.
- Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package: January 28, 2008: This article brings two Access 2007 problems to our attention — one using Tabbed forms and one on macros.
- You cannot load a .NET Framework 2.0 assembly from Visual Basic for Applications in Word 2003 and earlier versions, or in Excel 2003 and earlier versions: A problem with .NET
From what I can tell, almost all of these are rather obscure problems. I can't see most users having to deal with these issues. Now, the developers and IT support might find something important.
Related Topics:Software Enterprise Software Developer Open Source Software Mobility Cloud
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.