Office articles from Knowledgebase
There are a few new Office articles in the Knowledgebase to report:
- Shortcuts for applications in the 2007 Office system are not generated in the designated location on a computer that is running Windows Vista: This one's for anyone using the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to create shortcuts on a Windows Vista system. Apparently, you can't.
- Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package: February 26, 2008: This article discusses a hotfix for a SharePoint problem.
- Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package: February 26, 2008: Another hotfix for a couple of ODBC constants that don't return the expected values.
- Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package: January 28, 2008: This article brings two Access 2007 problems to our attention -- one using Tabbed forms and one on macros.
- You cannot load a .NET Framework 2.0 assembly from Visual Basic for Applications in Word 2003 and earlier versions, or in Excel 2003 and earlier versions: A problem with .NET
From what I can tell, almost all of these are rather obscure problems. I can't see most users having to deal with these issues. Now, the developers and IT support might find something important.