You've just created a pivot table in a workbook and would like to publish it to your Web site. However, you don't want to publish the workbook, just the pivot table. Excel 2007's Move Pivot Table command lets you move the pivot table to any workbook on your network. To move a pivot table to a new blank workbook, follow these steps:
- Open the workbook containing the pivot table.
- Open the new workbook.
- Click Arrange All on the View tab, choose Vertical, and then click OK (Figure A).
- Click the PivotTable report.
- Click the Option tab on the Ribbon under PivotTable Tools.
- In the Actions group, click Move PivotTable (Figure B).
- In the Move PivotTable dialog box, click Existing Worksheet and then click the window shade button (Figure C).
- Click A1 in the new workbook.
- Click the window shade button in the Move PivotTable Dialog box (Figure D).
- Click OK (Figure E).
Miss an Excel tip?
Check out the Microsoft Excel archive and catch up on other Excel tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.