Here's the solution to last week's question on moving styles between documents, along with a new challenge that involves a fairly obscure Excel feature.
Pictures aren't common in Excel workbooks. Inserting a picture into a sheet is easy enough, but can you display a picture in an Excel comment?
Last week we asked…
How do you copy a style from one file to another? Instructions in Help aren't clear enough, in my opinion. Here's how you copy a style from one file to another:
Thanks to nzimmerman67, vosa, and Darrylfor discussing the Organizer. A few of you mentioned the problems inherent to copying styles. In addition, I'm sympathetic to lmunday -- styles are a confusing feature. If you plan to use the Organizer in 2007, considering adding it to the Quick Access Toolbar, as it isn't on the Ribbon.
- Open the file that contains the style you want to copy.
- Choose Templates And Add-Ins from the Tools menu.
- Click Close File below the In Normal.dot list.
- Click Open File and locate the document into which you want to paste the copied style. The feature defaults to a template (.dot), so be sure to change the file type if necessary.
- Click the style(s) you want to copy and click Copy.
- Word may prompt you to overwrite an existing style. Answer appropriately.
- Click Close when you're done.