- Position the cursor where you want to display the results of the field code.
- Choose Field from the Insert menu to launch the Field dialog box.
- In the Field Names control, select FileName. Doing so will update the Field Properties list, accordingly.
- In this case, you can choose a letter case, such as First Capital.
- If you want the file's full pathname, be sure to check the Add Path To Filename option.
- Click OK.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.