Don't print an entire document or even a full page, if all you need is a few paragraphs, rows, or slides. Use the Selection option instead.
- Select the text, slide, range, and so on, that you want to print.
- From the File menu, choose Print (or press [Ctrl]+P).
- In the resulting Print dialog box, click the Selection option and click OK.
- Word prints only contiguous items. You can create a multiple selection of non-contiguous items, but Word won’t print them. Nor does Word print header and footer data in a selection print, which is what you'd probably expect.
- Excel prints non-contiguous selections, but be forewarned: It prints each selection on a separate page.
- PowerPoint prints a selection of slides, but it can’t print individual selections in a single slide.