The Microsoft Office Suite Blog on TechRepublic is all about getting stuff done and the most popular posts in 2010 reflect that fact.
The Microsoft Office Suite Blog on TechRepublic continues to evolve with the market, but the one consistently popular topic is compatibility with previous versions of the suite. This was particularly true for 2010 and this year's release of Office 2010.
- One of the more popular blog posts, Convert Office 2007 files to a 2003 readable format, was published in May 2007 and explains how to download the latest version of the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats for free from Microsoft.
- In January 2009, our resident Office tip writer, Susan Harkins, offered her method for How to find duplicates in Excel. This one of those tips that you just keep coming back to as a reference and it remains one of most popular Excel tutorials.
- In How to add a drop-down list to an Excel cell, Susan shows you how to use the Data Validation feature in Excel to limit user entries by forcing users to choose a value from a list control. This is a very handy technique for data entry forms.
- There is no escaping it; sometimes a list of names just has to be alphabetized. In this 2007 blog post, How to Alphabetize Lists In Word, we learn that Word can sort lists with functions found in the table section of the menu.
- In Create an Excel data entry form that includes check boxes, from July 2007, Mary Ann Richardson explains how to implement check boxes in an Excel form. It is a very complex configuration, but she does an excellent job laying out all the steps.
Stay on top of the latest Microsoft Windows tips and tricks with TechRepublic's Windows Desktop newsletter, delivered every Monday and Thursday. Automatically sign up today!
Do you have a favorite Office tip that you would like to share with us? Is there something you'd like to do in one of the Office applications, but you just can't figure out how to make it work? Perhaps we can help.