Time for that final look back at the year's most popular tips for each Office app.
Here in the Office blog, we kicked off 2009 with a technique for using a formula to trigger conditional formatting in Excel -- followed by more than 300 additional tips and tutorials covering the Office suite and individual apps. During the year, we launched two new features -- our Office poll and Office challenge. And we had more than a few lively discussion threads going. Now, before the year gets away from us completely, we thought we'd revisit a few of the most popular tips of 2009.
Special thanks to Office expert and blog host, Susan Harkins, and to everyone who contributed their own tips, shortcuts, workarounds, and insights during the year.
Note: These tips are also available as a PDF anthology in our downloads library.
- Don't use Tab to indent paragraphs in a Word document
- 10+ lesser-known shortcuts for formatting Word text
- Create a self-running PowerPoint presentation
- Build a quick training presentation using PowerPoint's Photo Album feature
- Avoid import glitches when bringing Excel data into Access
- 10 tips for working with dates in Microsoft Access
- Colorize your Outlook messages to identify e-mail from specific senders
- Avoid e-mail mistakes with a single setting
Get a steady supply of Office tips
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook tips, delivered each Wednesday.