When you run a report, the report field headers are based on the field names in the source table. If you base your report on a query, you have an opportunity to change the field headers. For example, say you're basing your report on a query that includes the fields CompanyName, ContactName, and ContactTitle. Follow these steps:
- Open the query in Design mode.
- Right-click the CompanyName field and select Properties.
- Click in the Caption property box and type Client Company.
- Right-click the ContactName field and select Properties (Figure A).
- Click in the Caption property box and type Name (Figure B).
- Right-click the ContactTitle field and select Properties.
- Click in the Caption property box and type Title.
- Run the Query (Figure C).
Although the query results and any report based on the query use the new caption names, the field names remain unchanged in the source table.
Miss an Access tip?
Check out the Microsoft Access archive and catch up on other Access tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.