Emphasize your point by applying a unique color to a single series element in an Excel chart.
- Right-click any bar in the series to select the entire series.
- Choose Format Data Series from the resulting context menu.
- On the Patterns tab, choose a color, such as light gray, from the palette in the Area section and click OK.
- Click the item in question, which will select the entire series. In this case, select December, the highest value, or June, the lowest value.
- Click the item a second time to select just that value.
- Right-click the item and choose Format Data Point.
- On the Patterns tab, choose an appropriately happy or cheerful color and click OK.