The InterMapper Network Monitoring Software provides administrators of networks of all sizes with a simple, easy to use device monitoring interface.
InterMapper from Dartware makes network monitoring a snap with a simple, easy-to-use interface that assists network administrators by alerting them to system outages. No network should be without a monitoring and alerting system.
- Manufacturer: Dartware
- Product: InterMapper Network Monitoring
- Version: 5.1.5
- Operating Systems: Windows 2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000, MacOS X 10.4, Solaris, RedHat, Fedora, SuSE, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD
- CPU: 1GHz or better
- Memory: 512MB
- 50MB hard drive space minimum plus additional space for historical data
- Trial: a 14-day free trial is available
- Price: Base, 25 Devices w/ 1 yr Maintenance, $495
- Additional vendor provided information
- For a closer look, check out the TechRepublic InterMapper Photo Gallery
Who's it for?
The InterMapper Network Monitoring Software provides administrators of networks of all sizes with a simple, easy to use device monitoring interface. This tool can help minimize downtime for critical systems by providing administrators with immediate notification of outages, rather than having to wait for user complaints or trouble tickets.
What problem does it solve?
InterMapper monitors system availability using a variety of methods from simple ping through SNMP protocols, to specific tasks such as HTTP, DHCP, DNS, and LDAP availability using customizable probes. Using specific probes for specific machines, an administrator can monitor service availability and be notified instantly of problems.
- Lightweight: InterMapper monitoring uses very little active memory and CPU time to monitor devices. Also, with as little as 50MB needed on the hard drive, nearly any system can run this software.
- Easy to Use: With a simple startup wizard InterMapper can have you up and running with simple Ping probes in seconds. Additional probe types are a quick configuration step away.
- Robust Help: Any advanced features are a short tutorial away in the well-documented help file included with the system
- Limited Feature Set: Most network monitor applications come with additional features for diagnosing problems with network systems, including packet analysis. InterMapper only monitors availability and reports to the network administrator.
Bottom line for business
Business networks, from small businesses to large enterprises, often have critical systems that can seriously harm productivity, output, and revenue if they experience significant outages. With InterMapper's monitoring and alerting, network administrators can immediately begin diagnosing system problems, before the users begin opening trouble tickets.
Have you encountered or used InterMapper Network Monitoring Software? If so, what do you think? Rate your experience and compare the results to what other TechRepublic members think. Give your own personal review in the TechRepublic Community Forums or let us know if you think we left anything out in our review.
Read our field-tested reviews of hardware and software in TechRepublic's Product Spotlight newsletter, delivered each Thursday. We explain who would use the product and describe what problem the product is designed to solve. Automatically sign up today!
Next Page (Photo Gallery) >>