UniBlue PowerSuite contains three products that were previously marketed individually: RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC, and DriverScanner.
UniBlue PowerSuite contains three products that were previously marketed individually: RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC, and DriverScanner. These three products have been combined make a suite that will keep your systems - whether home, work, or at a client's office - running fast without extensive management.
RegistryBooster scans the registry, recommends items for cleanup in the system, user, or third-party categories. SpeedUpMyPC finds tweaks in system services, Internet browsers, and other Windows features as well as containing three built-in speed tools. Finally, DriverScanner searches for out-of-date drivers, downloads newer drivers, and runs the updates for you.
- Manufacturer: UniBlue
- Product: PowerSuite
- Version: 126.96.36.199
- Operating Systems: All Windows versions, XP or later, 32- or 64-bit
- CPU: Pentium 3 500MHz
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Hard Drive: 350MB free hard disk space plus extra for driver downloads
- Price: $59.95
- Additional vendor information
- Download from TechRepublic Software Library
- For a closer look, check out the TechRepublic UniBlue PowerSuite Photo Gallery
Who's it for?
Uniblue PowerSuite is an easy-to-use tool that can be used in either a home or business setting. Network Administrators will find this tool to be self-managing, while home users will be able to install it and practically forget it.
What problem does it solve?
UniBlue PowerSuite cleans up a computer's registry, tweaks the system to make it run faster, and checks for and updates hardware drivers. All of these, combine together to form a suite that does an excellent job of keeping your PC running at optimum performance.
- Suite of Products: Many similar products are available, however most are single function products. PowerSuite is a collection of three powerful maintenance programs.
- Easy to Use: After activating the regular system scans, PowerSuite will inform you when fixes need to be made.
- Safe to Use: RegistryScanner does a backup of the registry before changing anything. SpeedUpMyPC gives you the ability to undo any actions. DriverScanner only uses drivers created by the hardware manufacturers.
- Bulk Purchases: There does not appear to be a way to buy any more than one license at a time on the Website. Contacting the publisher may reveal more options, however.
Bottom line for business
With many companies downsizing their IT staff, technicians are stretched thin to keep their systems running well. UniBlue PowerSuite can minimize system downtime and user complaint tickets, as well as increase users' productivity for a relatively low price and in a simple program.
Have you encountered or used UniBlue PowerSuite? If so, what do you think? Rate your experience and compare the results to what other TechRepublic members think. Give your own personal review in the TechRepublic Community Forums or let us know if you think we left anything out in our review.
Read our field-tested reviews of hardware and software in TechRepublic's Product Spotlight newsletter, delivered each Thursday. We explain who would use the product and describe what problem the product is designed to solve. Automatically sign up today!