The 2012 SWC Technology Trends Survey sponsored by SWC Technology Partners asked more than 220 mid-market IT and business leaders questions about Windows 8, cloud computing, SharePoint, revenue market share and profit margins, mobile apps, and their biggest tech challenges. One notable survey result is that over 28% of respondents answered "keeping up" when given the open-ended question "What is the greatest challenge in IT today?"
Here are some of the other highlights from the survey results:
- 32.1% say their organization will be running Windows 8 by the end of 2012.
- 50.9% say their organization will be running Windows 8 by the end of 2013.
- 50.5% of respondents indicate their organization depends on one IT person.
- 62.8% say they do not plan to build a mobile app within the next year.
- 34.1% characterized their company's adoption of cloud computing as no activity.
- 56% reported an increase in revenue over the last 12 months.
Download the SWC Tech Trend Survey 2012 results (PDF) for more details and analysis. Then, please share in the comments how these survey results compare with your organization. In particular, what is the biggest IT pain point for your SMB?
Sign up for TechRepublic's SMB Tech newsletter!
Related Topics:Microsoft Enterprise Software Software Collaboration Mobility Cloud Hardware
Mary Weilage is a Feature Editor for CBS Interactive. She has worked for TechRepublic since 1999.