Whether you're a fan of the Apple iPad or not, there's no denying that it has been one of the top technology stories of 2010. Here in Tech Sanity Check, I've done a series of articles throughout the year to help IT professionals and businesses sort out the iPad's impact on the enterprise.
Taken together, the seven articles listed below provide a comprehensive look at the iPad, its strengths and weaknesses, and its potential as a business tool.1. Apple iPad: The business review
If you're interested in the Apple iPad, you've probably read the initial reviews. Here is TechRepublic's real world review, from a business perspective.2. Apple iPad: Is there an ROI for business?
The arrival of the Apple iPad was accompanied by a truckload of hype. In this podcast, we suggest it may actually make more sense for businesses than consumers.3. Apple iPad: The five biggest annoyances
There's plenty to like about the Apple iPad, but there are also serious annoyances that hinder the overall product experience. Here are my top five.
Here are my first impressions of the iPad as a business device. See the top reasons why business should pay attention, as well as the reasons why it's safe to ignore.5. CIOs say iPad and other slates have a place in business
TechRepublic's CIO Jury sees a place for the Apple iPad and other slate PCs in business. See how they voted and why.6. Five business scenarios for the iPad and other tablets
Tablet computers have mostly been limited to niche verticals like health care. A new generation of tablets such as the Apple iPad could change that. Learn how.7. Apple iPad: How will it impact business users?
Lots of people are talking about Apple's new iPad device, but this podcast from TechRepublic and ZDNet analyzes it from the perspective of its impact on business users.
More from TechRepublic
Here is a selection of other useful articles on the iPad from TechRepublic authors:
- 10 reasons Apple's iPad will be a hit with business users
- Why IT departments should support iPad users
- 10 iPad business apps worth loading
- iPass on the Apple iPad: It's no netbook killer
- 10 reasons why I'll be passing on the iPad
- Will the iPad be a support nightmare for IT?
- Apple iPad: Will business apps drive its success in the enterprise?
- Tech bigwigs in love with Apple's iPad, push business case (ZDNet)
- Why the iPad will fail to win significant market share
- Five essential iPad apps for enterprise IT
- What the iPad means to developers
- Should CIOs pay attention to the iPad?
- Cracking Open the Apple iPad
- Cracking Open the Apple iPad 3G
Take the poll
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.