Conficker has the potential to be the first serious, wide-scale virus outbreak in several years. In this interview, Shavlik Technologies CEO and founder Mark Shavlik gives a quick summary of what Conficker can do, the three ways it spreads, and what IT departments can do to combat it.——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Four ways to listen to this podcast:
- You can click Play directly from this page (if you have Flash installed)
- Subscribe to the Tech Sanity Check podcast through iTunes
- Subscribe to the podcast RSS feed with Zune, Juice, or other software
- Download this episode as an MP3
For more on Conficker, see:
- Conficker.C set to attack (Shavlik)
- Conficker Removal Tool for Windows (Engima Software)
- Conficker update: Methods to combat the malware (TechRepublic)
- The "no bull" guide to Conficker (ZDNet)
- Use a scanner to keep Conficker from deactivating your antivirus (TechRepublic)
- German researchers score Conficker detection breakthrough (ZDNet)
- Conficker.C: April Fools or maybe not (TechRepublic)
Related Topics:Social Enterprise Collaboration Software CXO Innovation
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.