I spend a lot of my time trying to identify and evaluate new IT trends in this blog. This week, I distilled some of that information into a presentation on 2008's top five trends in IT management, which I gave at the ManageFusion conference on April 9 in Las Vegas.
Here are the top five trends that I identified:
- The rise of data center as a service
- The re-centralization of IT
- The death of the network perimeter
- The invasion of consumer technologies
- The emergence of true remote manageability
I've made a copy of my PowerPoint slides available for download.
Related Topics:Innovation Digital Transformation Tech Industry SMBs Security
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.