Palm's Pre isn't going to topple the iPhone this weekend, but the device has a puncher's chance to be a threat in the smartphone market, according to a bevy of reviews. Palm's Pre makes its debut for the masses on Saturday.
- David Pogue at the New York Times
- Walt Mossberg at the Wall Street Journal
- Joshua Topolsky at Engadget
- Eric Zeman at Phonescoop
- Bonnie Cha at CNET
- PC World
- The WebOS;
- The Card navigation metaphor;
- The hardware, which Engadget calls stunning;
- A sweet camera interface;
- A strong browser;
- Integration of all your contacts and messages.
The keyboard: Do you need one?Negatives:
- Only a dozen apps;
- An app store that's in beta (at best);
- It's a bit chunky;
- The Pre is only on Sprint;
- There will be limited supplies.
Overall, Palm's reception has been warm. Now the fun really begins.Roll the video:
Larry Dignan is Editor in Chief of ZDNet and Editorial Director of TechRepublic.