Windows 7 officially arrives this week and The Big Question podcast discusses the impact it will have on the PC industry, IT spending, and Microsoft itself.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan. This week's guest is Mary Jo Foley, author of the popular ZDNet blog All About Microsoft.
You can play this 17-minute episode from the Flash-based player at the top of the page or:
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Ballmer: Testers didn't ring Vista warning bells; Could the same happen with Windows 7? (ZDNet)
- CIO Jury split 50/50 on deploying Windows 7 in 2010 (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft's message to IT pros: Meet us half way with Windows 7 (ZDNet)
- Back-to-school demand saves PC market; Slight growth in third quarter (ZDNet)
- Podcast: Will Windows 7 redeem the sins of Vista? (TechRepublic)
- Windows 7 report card: The hits and misses (TechRepublic)
Related Topics:Microsoft Enterprise Software Software Collaboration Mobility Cloud Hardware
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.