Top 10 IT headlines for Wednesday, June 2, 2008: Five realities of working at Google, Starbucks closing stores could be a bad sign for U.S. economy, Microsoft buys natural-language search company, China may be blocking Facebook, and more.
- Five realities of Google or any other Workplace Wonderland (ZDNet)
- Now I know we’re in a recession - Starbucks is closing 600 stores (ZDNet)
- Confirmed: Microsoft buys Powerset natural-language search (ZDNet)
- Google ships open-source Web security assessment tool (ZDNet)
- Reports suggest China may have blocked access to Facebook (CNET)
- Latest iPhone 3G details from AT&T (ZDNet)
- Microsoft comes to the virtualization market late, should VMWare be concerned? (TechRepublic)
- Brightening outlook for solar energy? (ZDNet)
- Why Microsoft might win in mobile (ZDNet)
- Do we combat soaring energy prices with a four-day workweek? (TechRepublic)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.