Top 10 IT headlines for Tuesday, July 22, 2008: Here come Microsoft's "fight back" ads about Vista, new study shows IT jobs could decrease in 2009, Apple reports surging Mac shipments, IDC survey justifies open source as a business model, and more.
- First hints of Microsoft’s “fight back” ads appear (ZDNet)
- Study: IT jobs will drop in 2009 (Computerworld)
- Apple tops estimates; Mac shipments surge (ZDNet)
- IDC survey proves open source software as viable business model (CNET)
- Apple hints at lower prices as iPod, notebook refresh on tap (ZDNet)
- XP is faster than Windows Server 2008 is faster than Vista (InfoWorld)
- GM partners with utilities to advance plug-in hybrids (CNET)
- Sandisk: Windows Vista not optimized for solid state drives (CNET)
- IBM continues to feed Novell with Cognos roll-out on SUSE Linux (CNET)
- Hot IT specialty: E-discovery (TechRepublic)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends
Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.