Top 10 IT headlines
- D6: Snippets of Microsoft's morphing business model emerge (ZDNet)
- Google's mission: Extend the browser (ZDNet)
- Ray Ozzie: Open source a more disruptive competitor than Google (ZDNet)
- Wi-Fi bridge claims a range of 5 miles (ZDNet)
- Schmidt: Google's social ad strategy is "trial and error" (ZDNet)
- Via launches Nano processor for mainstream PCs (CNET)
- Windows 7: Now a late 2009 deliverable (again) (ZDNet)
- Research: 25 percent of web projects fail (ZDNet)
- Mozilla aims for nonexistent download record with Firefox 3 (ZDNet)
- Are universities turning to open source for IT management? (TechRepublic)
Also newsworthy ...
- Video: Five things you should know about ITIL (TechRepublic)
- Free Sysinternals Windows utilities now available online, 24/7 (ZDNet)
- Is PhoneFactor really better security? (TechRepublic)
- NASA employee punished for political blogging (ZDNet)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.
Related Topics:Networking Data Centers Storage Hardware Security Virtualization Cloud
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.