Top IT headlines for Monday, June 16, 2008: IBM jumps on the solar-cell bandwagon, Google will provide tools to monitor the true bandwidth habits of ISPs, Nokia's new E66 and E71 put casual flair into business phones, Gen Y could put new pressures on IT departments, and more.
- IBM muscles into CIGS solar-cell market (CNET)
- Google prepping bandwidth-monitoring tools (CNET)
- New Nokia E66 and Nokia E71 go a little more business casual (CNET)
- Will technology empower Gen Y to wipe away our institutions? (TechRepublic)
- HP cranks up the heat on sustainable IT research work (ZDNet)
- IBM is latest to ask: Why not take that data center to go? (ZDNet)
- Google-Yahoo deal good news for IM, but... (CNET)
- Enterprise, meet the iPhone (TechRepublic)
- Verizon: Drop your landline, get a discount (CNET)
- Windows XP era draws to a close (CNET)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.