WiMAX has been heavily hyped for the past five years, but now it has arrived in the real world and there's an aggressive product road map for the next two years. In this video interview with Randall Bennett at TechVi, I explain what to expect with the arrival of WiMAX, where it's going to be deployed, and how it compares with competing standard LTE.
Further reading on WiMAX:
- WiMAX is about a lot more than just faster mobile broadband
- Sprint will make WiMAX an open platform with an SDK and open APIs
- Can WiMAX remain an open platform or will it be hijacked by big telecoms?
- Will WiMAX be a 3G killer, or is it vice versa?
- Is WiMAX almost here and will it unlock the next stage of the Internet?
Related Topics:Data Centers Storage Hardware Security Virtualization Cloud
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.