TechRepublic members' questions highlighted address issues with Windows Server 2008, McAfee 2011, remote LAN, XML, ActiveX controls, Windows 7, Windows XP, and more.
With the help from the TechRepublic member Hal 9000, we've compiled a list of questions from last week that had great answers and/or large appeal. If you want to submit your favorite Question of the Week, using those guidelines as criteria, please send them to email@example.com.
Here are some highlighted questions from last week:
- Computer turning off and on, on its own
- Am I going to be viable as an entry level programmer out of school?
- Non-English characters in Server 2008 user names?
- How and where to setup McAfee 2011 behind a proxy server?
- Remote LAN Access problem over VPN
- Why would monitors in Portrait Mode go 'wonky' every Thursday afternoon?
- Opera or Firefox help: Where's the dang 'Find on this page' function?
- Multiuser Edit (same XML)
- Create Secondary Monitor on Free VNC
- Why Run ActiveX controls & plug-ins disabled?
- Can we have two layout (landscape/potrait) formats in a single XML report?
- What causes intermittent issue receiving web pages after upgrading to IIS7.5?
- Why does virtual memory in Windows 7 automatically reset itself?
- Win7 boots into Win XP Setup - How can I eliminate this?