TechRepublic members' questions highlighted address issues with SBS, lockdown software, remote desktop, DSL, SATA hard disk, internet usage, Microsoft Office Word, connection to an Ubuntu server, and more.
With the help from the TechRepublic member Hal 9000, we've compiled a list of questions from last week that had great answers and/or large appeal. If you want to submit your favorite Question of the Week, using those guidelines as criteria, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some highlighted questions from last week:
- Small Business Server 2003 share nics
- Need help with file syncing on SBS 2008
- Desktop background menu
- Have Windows Server 2003 on domain need to join it via VPN with a wk on Windows 7 Pro
- Best way to provide a seamless failover system?
- The difference between Vista and Windows 7
- Do you have lockdown software that will work with XP?
- Revenue/Cost budget questions for Fiber Optic WAN start-up?
- Remote Desktop
- What is your take on Certifications in the field versus a degree?
- How to Monitor Instant Messaging?
- My mobile phone sends everything 5 times!
- Small business router
- What does a good DSL waveform (signal) look like?
- SATA Hard disk causing black screen after XP startup splash
- Track Internet usage by Active Directory User - automatic reporting
- Cannot open a Word Document unless I End Process
- Server 2008 x64 - random domain disconnects
- Troubled PC connection to Ubuntu server