It was another action-packed week at TechRepublic, and this episode of the Hot 5 will give you a quick look at the hottest posts in the discussion forums. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Hot 5 discussion threads:
- IT gender gap: Where are the female programmers? (Justin James)
- One big thing Ubuntu can teach Microsoft, Apple, and all CTOs (Jason Hiner)
- 10 obscure antivirus tools worth checking out (Jack Wallen)
- Poll Results: Should Microsoft really be considered a monopoly? (Mark Kaelin)
- 10 things to consider when choosing a help desk system (Jack Wallen)
- santeewelding (119 posts)
- Palmetto (104 posts)
- Neon Samurai (88 posts)
- mafergus (75 posts)
- NickNielsen (70 posts)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Gadgetgirl's heartfelt appeal to attend TR's 2010 event
- Poll: IT pros determine the Most Admired Company
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - April 12, 2010
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Addendum:
Happy birthday to TR member boxfiddler! If you just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. Also, if your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
In case you missed the announcement in the discussion forums this past week, TR member OldER Mycroft passed away. Not only was a very active member of TechRepublic, but he had become a genuine friend to many people on both sides of the site. We will miss you, OM.
Have you RSVPed for "TechRepublic Live 2010: The Changing Face of IT?" This is the tech conference with a community twist that we're hosting from June 30 to July 2 in Louisville, KY. We hope you can attend!TR Member contributions = swag We are collecting TR member submissions — photos, original video clips, and audio files — so that we can assemble them in a monthly community video. Our e-mail address is trol at techrepublic.com. If we don't receive enough submissions, that means there won't be a video for that particular month. However, for those of you who do contribute, we'll send you some free TR swag!
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.