The questions highlighted in this Questions of the Week post address issues with network device monitoring tools, printing, Vista, Office 2007, and more.
With the help from the TechRepublic community, we've compiled a list of questions from last week that had great answers and/or large appeal. If you want to submit your favorite Question of the Week, using those guidelines as criteria, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We received a couple questions from TechRepublic members that we'd like to feature in this post. Please explain your answer(s) in the discussion thread.Question #1 by TR member morakinyo:
Please compare various network device monitoring tools -- such as Monolith and SolarWinds -- with Cisco Works LMS3.0 in the following areas:
- Device management
- Configuration management
- Log management
- Device monitoring
Is there a simple way to do mouseovers (or rollovers) on photographs and graphics? Somebody once sent me a picture that would display the person’s name when you moved the mouse cursor over the subject in the picture. I could see where this could be a very useful feature without cluttering up the photograph or graphic. I haven’t been able to find an easy way to do this.
Here are some additional questions from last week:
- Vista printing problem
- IMPOSSIBLE: Cisco switch: how to give a device this IP
- MS Word/Outlook Errors
- Ndis.sys error due to virus - can't boot Windows
- Mozilla Quality Feedback
- VPN at home with WBR-1310 DLink
- Free web based work order system?
- Problem downgrading from Vista to XP
- Machine Check Event reported is a corrected error
- Network Printer problem
- BTX Motherboard won't boot to CD / DVD
- Small home based computer support company looking to grow
- Office 2007 offline?