With the help from the TechRepublic community, we've compiled a list of questions from last week that had great answers and/or large appeal. If you want to submit your favorite Question of the Week, using those guidelines as criteria, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We received a couple questions from TechRepublic members that we'd like to feature in this post. Please explain your answer(s) in the discussion thread.Question #1 by TR member morakinyo:
Please compare various network device monitoring tools — such as Monolith and SolarWinds — with Cisco Works LMS3.0 in the following areas:
- Device management
- Configuration management
- Log management
- Device monitoring
Is there a simple way to do mouseovers (or rollovers) on photographs and graphics? Somebody once sent me a picture that would display the person's name when you moved the mouse cursor over the subject in the picture. I could see where this could be a very useful feature without cluttering up the photograph or graphic. I haven't been able to find an easy way to do this.
Here are some additional questions from last week:
- Vista printing problem
- IMPOSSIBLE: Cisco switch: how to give a device this IP
- MS Word/Outlook Errors
- Ndis.sys error due to virus - can't boot Windows
- Mozilla Quality Feedback
- VPN at home with WBR-1310 DLink
- Free web based work order system?
- Problem downgrading from Vista to XP
- Machine Check Event reported is a corrected error
- Network Printer problem
- BTX Motherboard won't boot to CD / DVD
- Small home based computer support company looking to grow
- Office 2007 offline?
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.