In this episode of TechRepublic's Hot 5, Sonja Thompson recaps the blog posts that generated the longest discussions this past week and gives a shout out to the most active TR members on the site.
In this episode of TechRepublic's Hot 5, I recap the blog posts that generated the longest discussions this past week and give a shout out to the most active TR members on the site. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Hot 5 discussion threads:
- I'm not breaking up with Windows, but we're seeing other people (Jason Hiner)
- TechRepublic's 2010 salary survey reveals state of IT jobs in U.S. (Jason Hiner)
- Ethernet over power lines: Netgear makes major improvements (Michael Kassner)
- 10 really dumb mistakes to avoid in the field (Jack Wallen)
- Poll: Is canon important? (Justin James)
- seanferd (109 posts)
- santeewelding (84 posts)
- jck (82 posts)
- Deadly Ernest (78 posts)
- Palmetto (74 posts)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Hybrid computing: A perspective from the trenches
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - March 15, 2010
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Addendum:
Happy birthday to TechRepublic member The Scummy One (aka w2ktechman) who's presence and humor on the site are certainly missed. If you just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. Also, if your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!TR Member contributions = swag We are collecting TR member submissions -- photos, original video clips, and audio files -- so that we can assemble them in a monthly community video. Our e-mail address is trol at techrepublic.com. If we don't receive enough submissions, that means there won't be a video for that particular month. However, for those of you who do contribute, we'll send you some free TR swag!