In this weekly recap post, you'll get a quick look at the top discussions and members on the TechRepublic forums.
Jason Hiner's post about the philosophical differences between Apple and Google's cloud generated the hottest discussion thread of the week. You'll also find out what other topics and members were the most active on the boards.Top 5 discussion threads:
- Apple cloud vs. Google cloud: The philosophical differences (Jason Hiner)
- 10 principles the Linux community should revisit (Jack Wallen)
- The Linux desktop circus (Jack Wallen)
- Why clean code is more important than efficient code (Chad Perrin)
- Six things geek dads REALLY want for Father's Day (Jason Hiner)
- AnsuGisalas (126 posts)
- seanferd (72 posts)
- Palmetto (66 posts)
- apotheon (54 posts)
- Neon Samurai (51 posts)
- OH Smeg (8)
- UAnimosity, seanferd, pj.hutchison, and robo_dev (4)
- EricKs2008 (3)
- TheChas, Who Am I Really, and mastersataberdeen (2)
- Hal 9000 (22)
- PurpleSkys (14)
- OH Smeg and seanferd (10)
- Johnson.Charles.C and sperry532 (4)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Are you aware and prepared to escape? Your IT future depends on it.
- The yin and yang of tech evolution
- Charlie Sheen could take lessons on what it means to be 'winning' from Microsoft
- Hal 9000 highlights TR Questions of the Week - June 13, 2011
- Camera phone challenge: Geeky couples
- TechRepublic FAQ: Voting
- TechRepublic FAQ: Q&A
TechRepublic Community photo galleries:
- TechRepublic swag from around the world
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TechRepublic's camera phone challenges
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
You can now also purchase merchandise from the TechRepublic store on CafePress!
Also, if you haven't signed up for TechRepublic Live 2011 on Sept. 28-30, please do so today!Addendum:
Starting next week, the TR Community scoreboard will appear as a discussion thread instead of a blog post. Hal 9000 will also start posting his Questions of the Week as a discussion. Other posts from TechRepublic bloggers and guest contributors that appeared in the TR Out Loud blog will now appear in other TechRepublic blogs, based on the blog topic.