In this weekly recap, you'll get a quick look at the top discussions and members on the TechRepublic forums.
Are you burnt out on IT? Jack Wallen's post about alternative careers generated the hottest discussion this past week. Find out what other topics and TechRepublic members were the most active on the boards.Top 5 discussion threads:
- 10 alternative careers for burned-out IT workers (Jack Wallen)
- Review: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (Mark Kaelin)
- Dirty little secrets of HR (Toni Bowers)
- 10 IT positions ranked by prestige (Alan Norton)
- Supervisor wants employee to quit part-time job (Toni Bowers)
- seanferd (95 posts)
- Palmetto (83 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (72 posts)
- Tony Hopkinson (59 posts)
- SinisterSlay, OH Smeg, and AnsuGisalas (58 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (107)
- AnsuGisalas (57)
- NickNielsen (51)
- Palmetto (43)
- AV . and Tony Hopkinson (36)
- Palmetto (17)
- Hal 9000 (13)
- PurpleSkys (9)
- seanferd, magic8ball, and Mehul Bhai (3)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- The Brooklyn Bumblebee Exoskeleton has arrived on Earth
- Hal 9000 highlights TR Questions of the Week - March 21, 2011
- Camera phone challenge: March to the beat
- Camera phone challenge: Geeky couples
- TechRepublic FAQ: Voting
- TechRepublic FAQ: Q&A
TechRepublic Community photo galleries:
- TechRepublic swag from around the world
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
- TR member Garden Club gallery
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
You can now also purchase merchandise from the TechRepublic store on CafePress!Addendum:
Registration is now open for TechRepublic Live 2011! There are only 100 seats available -- first come, first served. Reserve your spot today!
For those of you who just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. If your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
And finally, for those folks who requested a return of the video accompaniment, I will happily oblige when I get over these seasonal allergies.