There are different ways in Windows to quickly retrieve your IP address. I've provided two methods below.ipconfig
- Select Start | Run
- Type cmd in the Run dialogue box, and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt
This will open a command window with your IP address information. One advantage is that you can send the information to a text file by typing ipconfig /all> c:\ip.txtView status
- Select Start | Control Panel
- Open Network Connections, and double-click the icon for your network (If the network appears in the system tray, you can just double-click that icon)
- Click the Support tab
- Select the Details button
This will open a Network Connection Details window with your IP address information.
Send in your own TR Community tip that we can feature in the TR Out Loud blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Topics:Innovation Hardware Tech & Work
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.