Keep up with the top discussions and members on TechRepublic with this weekly recap. We'd also love to receive contributions from TR members — photos, small video clips, and sound bytes — so that we can compile and publish a monthly community video.Top discussion threads:
- 10 reasons why I'll be passing on the iPad (Debra Littlejohn Shinder)
- What can private corporations do to employees? Just about everything (Toni Bowers)
- Linux will never compete with Windows in the home market (bobgroz)
- CIOs say iPad and other slates have a place in business (Jason Hiner)
- What makes for great music? (jdclyde)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - February 9, 2010
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- IC-IT (10 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (7 thumbs)
- santeewelding (4 thumbs)
- OldER Mycroft and TheChas (3 thumbs)
- willcomp, Ron K., seanferd, PurpleSkys, NexS, and boxfiddler (2 thumbs)
- Palmetto (181)
- Deadly Ernest (105 posts)
- seanferd (95 posts)
- Neon Samurai (93 posts)
- NickNielsen (90 posts)
TechRepublic members Jaqui and gadgetgirl have birthdays coming up, and even I had one this past week. If you just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. Also, if your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
We also want to give everyone a heads up that the new TR Out Loud weekly video is in the works. I plan to shoot a pilot next week and hopefully launch the week after that. Stay tuned!TR Member contributions = swag We are collecting TR member submissions — photos, original video clips, and audio files — so that we can assemble them in a monthly community video. Our e-mail address is trol at techrepublic.com. If we don't receive enough submissions, that means there won't be a video for that particular month. However, for those of you who do contribute, we'll send you some free TR swag!
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.