Is it June yet? Well, since it's not, here's another TROLOV to pacify the TR mob. This episode contains the usual suspects, plus a few more photo contributions from the TR community.
Is it June yet? Well, since it's not, here's another TROLOV -- that's TR Out Loud on Video -- to pacify the TR mob. This episode contains the usual suspects, plus a few more photo contributions from the TR community. If you're not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- Sure she’s a good tech blogger, but what does she look like?
- Cyber security: Can the Senate make the Internet safe?
- Join us for a Community Event in Louisville to celebrate TechRepublic's 10th anniversary
- Friday Nite Music - April 10, 2009 - Playlist Competition
- Poll: What sci-fi TV series ended in the worst way?
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TR Community tip: Display your version of Windows
- Poll: Vote for your favorite Friday Nite Music playlists
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - April 13, 2009
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos. We'd also love to receive some Garden Club pics (hint hint).
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- ---TK--- (8 thumbs)
- Jacky Howe (7 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (5 thumbs)
- CG IT, electronics_md, and shasca (3 thumbs)
- Christianshiflet and ThumbsUp2 (2 thumbs)
- jdclyde (131 posts)
- boxfiddler (130 posts)
- seanferd (84 posts)
- OH Smeg (79 posts)
- BFilmFan (76 posts)
Thanks to TR members Hal 9000, GSG, ladmah, shasca, kkjelvik, cgiefer, jimmy-jam, boxfiddler, SKDTech, The Scummy One, and ksoniat for participating in this episode of TROLOV. Also, thanks to TR members AZGeezer, Taher Ramy, Lisa Cortez, tored1, and rdelisi for sending in comments about the show. All of these members are eligible for some free swag!
Last week's Question of the Week, submitted by jck: "Do you think that technology, if implemented well, could have prevented the current economic recession?" And I added: "What technology, if any, do you think will help turn around the economy?"
- cgiefer: "No, if you look at the essence of the current economic recession you will see that it boils down to greed. The eyes of man are never satisfied. ... Is there a technology that can change the nature of man?"
- jimmy-jam: "In short no. Technology lacks intelligence and therefore is garbage in garbage out. We are in the economic situation we are in due to those individuals who were running the show. ... No amount technology will save us from a recession as long as the financial industry in being run by self serving fat cats."
- Hal 9000: "Technology is great at forecasting things but it can do nothing to prevent Human Greed, and that was what by itself is solely responsible for the current situation."
- boxfiddler: "No. It's not about technology. It's about people and greed and power and stupidity."
- SKDTech: "I doubt any technology implementation could have prevented the current state of the economy. When the poor decisions are being made by people who spend too much time focusing on the short term and ignoring the long term, no amount of technology is going to change things."
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.