What better way to recap the weekly highlights at TechRepublic than with TROLOV — or TR Out Loud on Video. This episode contains the usual suspects, including the top discussions, most active members, and photo contributions. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- Internet Explorer: Is it time for some respect
- How to quit your job
- What technology would you take with you into the wilderness?
- 10 ways to stay sane in your cubicle
- Preparing for a hurricane - home and office - Update - It's gone
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TR Community tip: HTML code for characters and symbols
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - August 24, 2009
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- Jacky Howe (14 thumbs)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (12 thumbs)
- OldER Mycroft and Darryl~ (5 thumbs)
- OH Smeg and —-TK—- (4 thumbs)
- cmiller5400 and seanferd (3 thumbs)
- jck (142 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (124 thumbs)
- OldER Mycroft and Palmetto (112 posts)
- Jacky Howe (105 posts)
- boxfiddler (90 posts)
Many thanks to BFilmFan, Darryl, Deadly Ernest, jamesski, Hal 9000, and datacommguy for participating in this episode of TROLOV. These members are eligible for some free swag!This week's Question of the Week was submitted by Hal 9000: "Now that all but one of the charges against Terry Childs has been dismissed, how has this case affected the way you think about network security and what you do in your daily work?" Please send your answers to trol at techrepublic.com.
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag If you'd like to earn some free TR swag, send in an e-mail with a Question of the Week, comments, photos, and/or original video clips to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message — our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.