In what may very well be the last TROLOV (TR Out Loud on Video) — at least in its current form — Sonja Thompson counts down the top discussions of the week and highlights the most active members on the forums. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- Employee background screenings up dramatically
- Ransomware: Extortion via the Internet
- 10 things you should never do on a consulting job
- In search of a new MMORPG home
- FNM 01/15/10 - Songs We Hate to Admit We Like
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TR Out Loud in 2010: Seeking feedback from the TR Community
- TR Community tip: Create and use a Windows 7 system repair disc
- Spotlight Question: IE8 missing and denied permissions in Windows XP
- Spotlight Question: Outlook 2002 email problem with Windows 7
- Spotlight Question: Thumbnails and Quick Launch taskbar missing in Windows 7
- Spotlight Question: Problems receiving Outlook email in Vista Ultimate
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - January 19, 2010
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most "Thumbs Up" in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- OH Smeg (8 thumbs)
- Ron K. (4 thumbs)
- cmiller5400, TheChas, Mohammad Oweis, and SinisterSlay (2 thumbs)
- boxfiddler (109 posts)
- NickNielsen (103 posts)
- OH Smeg (96 posts)
- Deadly Ernest (89 posts)
- santeewelding (87 posts)
Many thanks to SheRex, Hal 9000, Darryl, and jamesski for submitting pictures for the this week's show. These folks are eligible for free TR swag!Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag If you'd like to earn some free TR swag, send in an e-mail with a Question of the Week, and answer to the Question of the Week, comments, photos/photo captions, or original video clips to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message — our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.