Six weeks to go until the TechRepublic Community Event! In the meantime, enjoy this weekly update of the top discussions and members on the boards.
Six weeks to go until the TechRepublic Community Event! In the meantime, enjoy this weekly update of the top discussions and members on the boards. If you're not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- Tech pro feeling squeezed out by manager
- Sanity check: The four stages of a typical Twitter user
- Documentation list: What the new IT guy needs to find out
- Video: TR Out Loud - May 8, 2009
- Join us for a Community Event in Louisville to celebrate TechRepublic's 10th anniversary
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Advice from a techie who has learned to love netbooks
- TR Community tip: View your IP address information
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - May 11, 2009
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos. We'd also love to receive some Garden Club pics (hint hint).
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- Jacky Howe (10 thumbs)
- The Scummy One (5 thumbs)
- shasca (4 thumbs)
- robo_dev and ThumbsUp2 (3 thumbs)
- Churdoo, Michael Kassner, Peconet Tietokoneet, rajagopalan.durairaja, OldER Mycroft, and raymondm
- The Scummy One (198 posts)
- jdclyde (129 posts)
- Jacky Howe (108 posts)
- boxfiddler (105 posts)
- seanferd (97 posts)
Thanks to Katy Kat, arrietty, shasca, The Scummy One, and KSoniat for participating in this episode of TROLOV. These folks are eligible for some free swag!This week's Question of the Week was sent in by The Scummy One: “Does your company have its sights on Windows 7, do they plan to stay with Windows XP, or are they looking for Windows alternatives?" Please send your answers to trol at techrepublic.com.
We also have a "What is it?" photo, compliments of shasca, so please send in your guesses for that as well.Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag To earn some free TR goodies, just send me an e-mail with an answer to the Question of the Week, a brand new Question of the Week, comments, and/or photos to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message -- our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.