This week's TROLOV — or TR Out Loud on Video — acknowledges the superstitious beliefs surrounding Friday the 13th, but forges ahead anyway with highlights of the top discussions and members on the boards. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- The 10 biggest failures in IT history
- 10 things Android phones do better than the iPhone
- Poll: Should the Internet become a public resource (like roads) paid for by taxes?
- Behavioral targeting: Is transparency possible?
- Friday Night Music - Covers
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TechRepublic wins 10 awards in the 2009 Digital Azbees
- PC data migration for mildly technical people
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - November 9, 2009
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most "Thumbs Up" in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- Jacky Howe (13 thumbs)
- seanferd (6 thumbs)
- CG IT (5 thumbs)
- Hillyman, OldER Mycroft, OH Smeg, SinisterSlay, and Dedlbug (3 thumbs)
- .Martin., bwilmot, and —-TK—- (2 thumbs)
- Oz_Media (141 posts)
- Palmetto (127 posts)
- seanferd (99 posts)
- NickNielsen (94 posts)
- OldER Mycroft and Deadly Ernest (86 posts)
The winning caption to the photo of TR blogger Justin James above is: "IT'S MINE! ALL MINE!" submitted by TR member jck. Congrats!The photo below that's in desperate need of creative captions is of Maxwell Edison. Please send your captions to trol at techrepublic.com. Maxwell will up the ante by sending a Starbucks gift card (via Sonja) to the TR member who comes up with his favorite caption. trol at techrepublic.com. Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag If you'd like to earn some free TR swag, send in an e-mail with a Question of the Week, and answer to the Question of the Week, comments, photos/photo captions, or original video clips to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message — our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.