This week's TROLOV — that's TR Out Loud on Video — highlights the hottest discussions and members on the TechRepublic boards. Watch the video, and then submit something for next week's show. If you're not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- 12 technology terms that date you
- 10 habits of superstitious users
- Microsoft adamant we use the Ribbon interface in Vista and beyond
- 10 ways to detect computer malware
- There goes another tumbleweed...
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TR Community tip: Stop Windows from saving the thumbnail cache
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week - August 31, 2009
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don't forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!Most "Thumbs Up" in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- Jacky Howe (5 thumbs)
- Peconet Tietokoneet and robo_dev (4 thumbs)
- SKDTech (3 thumbs)
- shasca, NetMan1958, CG IT, OldER Mycroft, neilb, OH Smeg, and —-TK—- (2 thumbs)
- Tony Hopkinson (157 posts)
- Michael Kassner (135 posts)
- santeewelding (115 posts)
- NickNielsen (110 posts)
- jck (101 posts)
Many thanks to Chuck, Darryl, PurpleSkys, Hal 9000, shasca, and Deadly Ernest for participating in this episode of TROLOV. These members are eligible for some free swag!The Question of the Week, submitted by Hal 9000, is still: "Now that all but one of the charges against Terry Childs has been dismissed, how has this case affected the way you think about network security and what you do in your daily work?" Please send your answers to trol at techrepublic.com. Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag If you'd like to earn some free TR swag, send in an e-mail with a Question of the Week, comments, photos, and/or original video clips to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message — our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you'd like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a reply.
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.