Do you know the difference between RAID 1 and RAID 5? Take this short quiz and test your knowledge of RAID basics.
Answers to our RAID basics pop quiz:
- Redundant array of inexpensive/independent devices
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 10
- Disk duplexing
For more information on the pros and cons of different RAID levels, including those not covered on this quiz, check out the following TechRepublic resources:
- Choose a RAID level that works for you
- Download: RAID storage explained
- RAID 50 offers a balance of performance, storage capacity, and data integrity
- Understand when RAID 60 is overkill
- Replace a failed drive in Linux RAID
- RAID 6 or RAID 1+0: Which should you choose?
- RAID 6 -- Do you really want it?
- RAID 5 or RAID 6: Which should you select?
- How to protect yourself from RAID-related Unrecoverable Read Errors (UREs)