Bill Detwiler shows you how to use the Get-Help, Set-ExecutionPolicy, Get-ExecutionPolicy, Get-Service, and ConvertTo-HTML PowerShell commands.
Over the last few years, Microsoft has tried to make PowerShell the Windows management tool of choice. As a Windows administrator, you need to be familiar with the basics of using PowerShell. And during this week's TR Dojo episode, I show you how to use the following five basic PowerShell commands:
Check out the following links for more PowerShell resources:
- TR Dojo: Use PowerShell to list all roles on a Windows Server
- TR Dojo: Set the PowerShell execution policy via Group Policy
- TR Dojo: Five advanced PowerShell scripting tricks for Windows admins
- 10 fundamental concepts for PowerShell scripting
- 10 cool things you can do with Windows PowerShell
For those who prefer text to video, click the View Transcript link below the video player windows or check out Brien Posey's article, "10 PowerShell commands every Windows admin should know," on which this video is based.
You can also sign up to receive the latest TR Dojo lessons through one or more of the following methods: