Whether you regularly work with Excel or you support users who do, knowing how to get the most from Microsoft's spreadsheet application can make your job a lot easier. During this TR Dojo episode, I show you three handy tricks that will help you work faster in Excel.
For those who prefer text to video, you can click the Transcript link that appears below the video player window or read Jeff Davis' article, "Three timesaving Ctrl-key tricks in Excel," on which this episode is based. If you want even more Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts, check out the following downloads and articles:
- 85 keyboard shortcuts for moving faster in Microsoft Excel
- Excel keyboard shortcuts
- TechRepublic Pro FastAnswer: Learning basic Microsoft Excel keyboard shortcuts
- Four handy Excel keyboard shortcuts
- 10 tips for working more efficiently in Excel
- 10+ keyboard shortcuts to speed formatting in Excel worksheets
- Quick access to Excel formula bar via keyboard
- Quick copy trick in Excel
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.