Bill Detwiler shows you a pair of PowerShell scripts that can give you a detailed list of all the roles on a Windows Server.
The Server Manager snap-in is a handy way to see what roles a Windows server has and to add new ones. But, it doesn't give you a lot of detail about those roles. During this week's episode of TR Dojo, I show you how to quickly get detailed information about all the roles on a Windows server using two PowerShell scripts (import-module servermanager and get-windowsfeature).
For those who prefer text to video, you can click the Transcript link that appears below the video player window or check out Rick Vanover's original article.
You can also sign up to receive the latest TR Dojo lessons through one or more of the following methods:
- Follow Bill Detwiler on Twitter
- Subscribe to the TR Dojo newsletter (delivered Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Subscribe to the TR Dojo RSS feed
- Sign up for customizable TR Dojo e-mail alerts
- Access TR Dojo from your mobile device